Welcome to our website, we hope you find it useful and that as a club we are able to help you enjoy the wonderful sport of cycling.
Many cyclists wonder why join a club? Perhaps you are looking to share your enjoyment of cycling with other like minded people, you may wish to participate in one or more of the many types of race, or you may be looking to improve your health and fitness levels. Whatever your motivation we aim to be the club for you. Medway Velo is a cycling club based in the Medway Towns in Kent but with a membership of about 100 we have members from across North Kent.
Our members compete across a wide range of disciplines within cycling; road racing, time trials, track racing and cyclo cross. As an all round club we also have a non competitive side; riding sportives, and organising club runs and training activities. There is also a social side to the club with weekly club nights as well as an annual club dinner and a trip to see the Gent Six Day in Belgium.
See you on the road soon.
What can we offer you?
- Club nights are held every Wednesday night.
- Expert advice, we have British Cycling registered coaches.
- We organise time trials, road races and cyclo-cross events.
- We enjoy leisure rides.
- We have a range of training rides.
- We participate in all types of cycling events.
- We have a club championship for all categories.
- We are a club open to all regardless of ability or disability.
- We organise annually a coach trip to Gent to see the Six Day event.
- We are affiliated to British Cycling, Cycling Time Trials and various racing associations.
- The opportunity to meet like minded people.